Re: Do any of the book players record in stereo?

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

You can buy stereo microphones that plug into the Lightning port for the iPhone, but the iPhone records in mono from its microphone.  My wife’s Samsung A70 records in stereo from its mics though.  She records videos of my gigs with it, and they sound really nice.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Victor
Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2020 4:01 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Do any of the book players record in stereo?

Does the iPhone record in stereo? Do any smart phones or tablets record in stereo?

Victor

On Mar 14, 2020, at 3:54 PM, Evan Reese <mentat1@...> wrote:

You’re welcome Steven.

You can monitor the recording by plugging headphones into the headphone jack on the Book Sense.

You may have to play around with the output level a bit before you really get started. I don’t know whether the Microphone Sensitivity setting also works with line in recordings or not. You will get some serious audio compression if the level is too high.

Fortunately, you should be able to hear whether that is happening pretty quickly if you listen to it while it’s recording and find a good output level.

Evan

Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2020 6:13 PM

Hi Evan.  You told me exactly what I wanted to know.  My Uncle has a bunch of old classic soul records that he won’t allow to leave his home, so I thought about killing 2 birds with 1 stone and finding a book player that records in stereo so I could read, as well as plug a turntable preamp into his old Pioneer record player and capture a few of these great old records.  Thanks.