Re: unwanted voices

Joe Giovanelli

Good morning, Norma,

I didn't know there is a proximity senser. I just received another messagbe about that.

I'll subscribe to the Anitad list.

Thank you for writing.

Joe G.

----- Original Message -----
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Monday, March 16, 2020 22:35
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] unwanted voices

Hi Joe,

Phones running Android have a proximity sensor, usually located in the top left corner of the screen. Any time you want to silence TalkBack, just wave your hand over that area and TB should stop. Putting the phone up to your ear should also activate the proximity sensor, although my Pixel 3A does stop after a few more words.

You will find a lot of help regarding Android on the ANATAD list, all levels of expertise and a friendly list. A great podcast drops about every week, as well. To subscribe, send a blank message to
anatad+unsubscribe@....

HTH
Norma
Android: The Thinking Person's OS"

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2020 6:26 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] unwanted voices

Hi Joe,

I am using an iPhone. There is a hotkey or hot touch for turning on/off speech. TalkBack is for Androids. Try using any such hotkey or hot touch for that screen reader and phone.

On 3/16/2020 11:41 AM, Joe Giovanelli wrote:
Hello List,

I'm trying to learn how to use a smart phone.

I can use Assistant to dial phone numbers, and that works. Only one thing. Talkback continues to talk while I am on the phone.

Is there a way to make that stop? I know that I can call using the Dialer, but would that be any different from what I am experiencing? I can't locate the Dialer.

I thank you for any ideas you folks have.

Joe Giovanelli, W2PVY

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.