Re: Seeking advice about 128gb SD card and Sansa Clip Zip

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

Hello Smiling?  Laz put me on the right track, and I wound up using the software that you recommend because the command line format /fs:FAT32 g: went through a couple hours of doing its thing and then failed.  I now have my jazz library and some good books on my card.  All is right with my SD card world.  Thanks for your good recommendation.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Smiling?
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 7:58 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Seeking advice about 128gb SD card and Sansa Clip Zip

If you haven’t already used the command line method (like you stated in an earlier message), you will need to use a third party utility such as the one shared below to successfully format the drive to FAT32.

Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd:

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

The link upon this page that you are going to want to use is titled:

Click to download guiformat.exe

This is portable software so it will not install anything to your machine.

Windows will ask you if you want to run the file. Click yes. It will ask you if you want to allow it to have (Admin) access to your computer. Click yes.

The program will start. Select a drive to format. Click Start. Your drive should be formatted in a few seconds

In the "FAT32 Format" window, select the drive to format and type a volume label if you want to. Select the " Quick Format " option, and then click the "Start" button. A window pops up to warn you that all data on the drive will be lost. Click "OK" to format the drive. Formatting with this tool is much quicker than the command line method. One thing to note here: you'll need to close any open File Explorer windows before you format the drive. If you don't, the tool will interpret the drive as being used by another app and formatting will fail. If this happens to you, just close the File Explorer windows and try again. No need to relaunch the tool or anything.