Re: The Blaze ET, do you like it?

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

From my understanding, you don't have to have a computer to enjoy a lot of
the Blaze functionality. You can download BARD books with it, it has a
so-so color identifier, you can record with it, and I understand that the
OCR feature is serviceable. I just wish that I could find a way to charge
the battery in mine so I could check it out.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of jan
howells via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:17 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] The Blaze ET, do you like it?

I have the station on the Victor Reader Stream. If you need a computer for
the Blaze ET, I will be looking for a home to sell it. I traded someone a
$900 piece of equipment that I had, but of course I would not sell this for
that much as it is less than that from HIMS. I do like the fact that you
can record from fm radio on it, though. I am unable to get anything on the
fm, but that is because I live where there are a lot of mountains, and I am
living in an apt building that has 11 floors in a highrise.
That is a lot of concrete and steel. There are medical buildings all around
with medical equipment interference. I would have to find out how much this
is from HIMS, and then make it less. I did not know that you needed a
computer to use it, or I would not have traded.

Jan Howells