Re: File Explorer
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Try the following:
1. Press, Insert + 6, on the number row above the main keyboard to open the Settings Center, now press, control, shift , + D, to open the
Settings Center Default All Applications.
2. Down arrow to, Speech Verbosity closed, right arrow to open. Down arrow 1 time to hear what Verbosity Level you're running.
3. Down arrow to, Configure Verbosity Levels closed, right arrow to open.
4. Down arrow to the level you're running, Beginner..., and press the spacebar to open. Note, do not press enter because if you press enter Settings Center
will think you're done and close, so use the spacebar.
5. You're now in a list of options, so down arrow to, Position information, press the spacebar to uncheck this.
6. Tab to, Okay, press the spacebar, again tab to, Okay, and press enter to save your change and close the Settings Center.
Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go dodgers!
I didn't stop shaking hands because of, COVID-19, I stopped because noone can buy toilet paper!
But, good news! Due to the hording of toilet paper the LA Times is temporarily changing it's name to: The Daily Wipe!
----- Original Message -----
From: Joe Orozco
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 6:56 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] File Explorer
When I’m navigating File Explorer in Windows 10, JAWS reads the
highlighted item and then gives me the number in its list. For
example, ABC File, 3 of 10. How can I get it to just read the item,
minus the sequential number? Thanks in advance.