Re: Another sorce for audio books

Sharon Hooley

I took a look at Chirpbooks, how there's no subscription service.  I understand there are great deals right now, but when it's over, I highly recommend subscribing to Audible, if you haven't already, which gives you credits for many books that would otherwise cost much more.  I have a Gold membership that's around $15 a month, giving me one credit each.  Using it has saved me a lot of money.  For example, I could have bought The Word of Promise dramatized Bible for around $65 from another website, but was able to download it with one credit, that is, around $15!  I believe you can save even more by getting a year's subscription over $100 for unlimited access, if not more credits.  And I think that many of the books are not available on BAARD or Bookshare.  I agree, though, it's a good idea to look at these libraries first.

Hth,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

On Mar 27, 2020, at 12:14 PM, Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:

I just discovered a source for audio books that I had never heard off before. With all the shelter in place I thought others might need a source for more books. It is chirp.com  They offer audio books at a big discount. I just purchased a book retail $24.95 for $1.99.