Re: HP preinstalled software question

Gene

But if this is a new machine, why bother? Will installing a clean
version of Windows void the warranty and the return policy? If a new
machine has something obviously wrong with it, I wouldn't try to
repair or correct the problem. You wouldn't do so with products in
general. Why not just return it for something else? Manufactured
computers shouldn't have any such problems. The description, taking
five minutes to load a web page is completely outside of any expected
bahavior.

Gene

On 3/28/20, Rob Hudson <rob_hudson_3182@gmx.com> wrote:
Gene <gsasner@gmail.com> wrote:
Preinstalled software wouldn't cause this problem. If it did, the
company would be bankrupt unless it did something about it.
To add to this, it certainly isn't helping you, either. Go ahead and remove
it.
There are all kinds of packages preinstalled on these things that you don't
really need, like McAfee and background maintenance services, and photo
packages. If at all possible I suggest doing a fresh, clean install of w10
from a Microsoft provided iso. Wipe everything and start clean. That's what
I did with my new Dell a couple of weeks ago.