Re: Another sorce for audio books

Mary Smith

Hello, another good source for audiobooks is a site called Downpour.com. This site is similar to audible but their membership is a bit cheaper. You can buy credits for $12.99. The nice thing about this site is that books are available in mp3 format.

The address for this service is:

www.downpour.com

On 2020-03-28 2:57 p.m., Sharon Hooley wrote:
I took a look at Chirpbooks, how there's no subscription service. I understand there are great deals right now, but when it's over, I highly recommend subscribing to Audible, if you haven't already, which gives you credits for many books that would otherwise cost much more. I have a Gold membership that's around $15 a month, giving me one credit each. Using it has saved me a lot of money. For example, I could have bought The Word of Promise dramatized Bible for around $65 from another website, but was able to download it with one credit, that is, around $15! I believe you can save even more by getting a year's subscription over $100 for unlimited access, if not more credits. And I think that many of the books are not available on BAARD or Bookshare. I agree, though, it's a good idea to look at these libraries first.

Hth,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

On Mar 27, 2020, at 12:14 PM, Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:

I just discovered a source for audio books that I had never heard off before. With all the shelter in place I thought others might need a source for more books. It is chirp.com They offer audio books at a big discount. I just purchased a book retail $24.95 for $1.99.