Allen

On 3/28/20, Mary Smith <ms0120@mailbox.org> wrote:
Hello, another good source for audiobooks is a site called Downpour.com.
This site is similar to audible but their membership is a bit cheaper.
You can buy credits for $12.99. The nice thing about this site is that
books are available in mp3 format.

The address for this service is:

www.downpour.com

On 2020-03-28 2:57 p.m., Sharon Hooley wrote:
I took a look at Chirpbooks, how there's no subscription service. I
understand there are great deals right now, but when it's over, I highly
recommend subscribing to Audible, if you haven't already, which gives you
credits for many books that would otherwise cost much more. I have a Gold
membership that's around $15 a month, giving me one credit each. Using it
has saved me a lot of money. For example, I could have bought The Word of
Promise dramatized Bible for around $65 from another website, but was able
to download it with one credit, that is, around $15! I believe you can
save even more by getting a year's subscription over $100 for unlimited
access, if not more credits. And I think that many of the books are not
available on BAARD or Bookshare. I agree, though, it's a good idea to
look at these libraries first.

Hth,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

On Mar 27, 2020, at 12:14 PM, Loy <loyrg2845@gmail.com> wrote:

I just discovered a source for audio books that I had never heard off
before. With all the shelter in place I thought others might need a
source for more books. It is chirp.com They offer audio books at a big
discount. I just purchased a book retail $24.95 for $1.99.