From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: March-28-20 4:41 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] HP preinstalled software question

But if this is a new machine, why bother? Will installing a clean version of Windows void the warranty and the return policy? If a new machine has something obviously wrong with it, I wouldn't try to repair or correct the problem. You wouldn't do so with products in general. Why not just return it for something else? Manufactured computers shouldn't have any such problems. The description, taking five minutes to load a web page is completely outside of any expected bahavior.

Gene

On 3/28/20, Rob Hudson <rob_hudson_3182@gmx.com> wrote:
Gene <gsasner@gmail.com> wrote:
Preinstalled software wouldn't cause this problem. If it did, the
company would be bankrupt unless it did something about it.
To add to this, it certainly isn't helping you, either. Go ahead and
remove it.
There are all kinds of packages preinstalled on these things that you
don't really need, like McAfee and background maintenance services,
and photo packages. If at all possible I suggest doing a fresh, clean
install of w10 from a Microsoft provided iso. Wipe everything and
start clean. That's what I did with my new Dell a couple of weeks ago.