Re: HP preinstalled software question

Gene

This is very important and I didn't realize it until after I sent my
last message. You say he upgraded the computer. What do you mean?
Did he upgrade your previous system or did he remove what was there
and install a completely new Windows 10? I have been assuming that
upgrade means running an upgrade of your previous system, but I don't
know that. We need to know what was done. My previous answer is only
relevant if an upgrade, not a clean installation was done.

Gene

On 3/29/20, Gene via Groups.Io <gsasner=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
That is essential information to address your question. Evidently,
either the computer can't run Windows 10, which I consider very
unlikely, a two year old computer should be able to do so if it is a
standard computer, or something resulting from the upgrade is causing
this problem. You may need to go through the restore procedure that
results in a completely clean copy of Windows 10 being on your
computer. Others can discuss how to do it, but it can be done using
your current installation of Windows 10. Whether that is the first
thing to try, those with more technical information can discuss.

Gene

On 3/29/20, Keith S <ks.steinbach03@gmail.com> wrote:
I received the computer some 2 years ago for christmas. I installed jaws
as
window eyes was purchased by jaws.

the computer first had windows 7 or 8 on it, not sure which one.
Microsoft
was offering the free upgrade to windows 10 due to them announcing that
windows xp would no longer be supported.

My wife's cousin, wwho is a jack of all trades (including fixing his own
computer when his wife and children install programs that cause issues on
his system) upgraded the computer foor me to windows 10.

The computer is extremely slow, if I select to open notepad, the CPU
starts
working overtime, the internal fan is audible, and the system slows to a
crawl.

The computer has 8 gigs of ram on board from the factory, and due to the
fact that I am moving from windows xp and window eyes to windows 10 and
jaws, I am dealing with a double learning curve. I assumed that the
jaws
and windows 10 just did this (slow systems down so much that I can go to
the bathroom or make myself a pot of coffee while I wait for a program to
open.

Not to mention that when trying to load a webpage on firefox, I can
literally be waiting for 5 minutes before the page actually loads.

The computer came direct from a warehouse my wife's company has for
"gift
point" purchases and had not been tampered with or what not since they
recieved it from HP.

Shrug.

I know I just need to purchase tutorials for windows 10 and jaws and just
suck it up, but the money is not there and has not been due to we being
one
of the lower 20% in the income pbracket here in the USA.

Keith