Re: Another sorce for audio books

Sharon Hooley

I took a look at Chirpbooks, and noticed how it works, and does not have a  subscription fee.  But my question is, do then have the same books that other services like Audible?  I understand there are deep deals now, but once it's over, I recommend subscribing to Audible because that gives you credits for many books that would otherwise cost a lot more.  I have a Gold membership, in which I pay around $15 a month  each.  For example, I could have bought The Word of Promise for around $65 from another website, but was able to download it with  the monthly credit, which I pay only around that monthly $15.  I believe you can save even more if you pay over $100 per year,  you might get unlimited access, if not more credits.  And I think that a lot of the books and magazines are not available on baard or Bookshare.

Hth,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

On Mar 27, 2020, at 12:14 PM, Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:

I just discovered a source for audio books that I had never heard off before. With all the shelter in place I thought others might need a source for more books. It is chirp.com  They offer audio books at a big discount. I just purchased a book retail $24.95 for $1.99.