Re: Another sorce for audio books

Leo Bado

Not mentioning that audible regularly offers a wide range of audiobooks on sale, and very often subscribers can purchase up to three credits for a very reasonable amount of money.

Best,
   Leo
On 3/29/2020 9:43 AM, Sharon Hooley wrote:

I took a look at Chirpbooks, and noticed how it works, and does not have a  subscription fee.  But my question is, do then have the same books that other services like Audible?  I understand there are deep deals now, but once it's over, I recommend subscribing to Audible because that gives you credits for many books that would otherwise cost a lot more.  I have a Gold membership, in which I pay around $15 a month  each.  For example, I could have bought The Word of Promise for around $65 from another website, but was able to download it with  the monthly credit, which I pay only around that monthly $15.  I believe you can save even more if you pay over $100 per year,  you might get unlimited access, if not more credits.  And I think that a lot of the books and magazines are not available on baard or Bookshare.

Hth,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit

On Mar 27, 2020, at 12:14 PM, Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:

I just discovered a source for audio books that I had never heard off before. With all the shelter in place I thought others might need a source for more books. It is chirp.com  They offer audio books at a big discount. I just purchased a book retail $24.95 for $1.99.