program to stop speakers from going to sleep?

goshawk on horseback

hello all,
does anyone happen to know, if there is an accessible bit of software that will send a little sound to speakers, say once every 8 or 9 minutes?
I have got some new speakers that I use for my speech, but they have one very annoying feature, they go to sleep after a while if nothing is heard through them, which I find very annoying, and there does not seem to be any way of disabling that feature.
I also need to be able to select which sound system the sound comes through, as it would not be the default one.
hope that all makes sense.

Simon