From: Gene
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2020 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] program to stop speakers from going to sleep?

Here is a link to a small and evidently not well known utility that keeps soundcards and presumably speakers connected to them awake.
It is a Dropbox link on my account.
I don’t use it because I don’t need it so I can’t tell you definitely anything about how you run it.  I think you just place the file on your machine and run it.  As I seem to recall, from discussions I’ve seen elsewhere, there is no installation.

Sent: Friday, April 03, 2020 10:45 AM

hello all,
does anyone happen to know, if there is an accessible bit of software that will send a little sound to speakers, say once every 8 or 9 minutes?
I have got some new speakers that I use for my speech, but they have one very annoying feature, they go to sleep after a while if nothing is heard through them, which I find very annoying, and there does not seem to be any way of disabling that feature.
I also need to be able to select which sound system the sound comes through, as it would not be the default one.
hope that all makes sense.

Simon