Re: inquiring minds want to know.

Steve Matzura

What an odd offer! It's an induction  motor, usually operating on three-phase electricity, which us mere mortals have absolutely nothing to do with nor any need for. They're used in high-capacity applications suchb as pumps and moving large objects like elevators.

On 4/4/2020 9:11 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Morning all,

I was just going through my junk folder and I keep seeing these offers for asynchronous motors.  Now, I know this is a totally weird, off the wall question, but what the heck is an asynchronous motor?   Of course I'm deleting the spam, but since I'm getting more and more like my cat everyday, curious, what on earth is it? Is it a figment of the imagination, or are their really asynchronous motors?   If the parts of the motor aren't syncked, wouldn't that prevent the motor from operating correctly?   Just something innocuous to think about when the rest of the world is going to hell in a hand basket.

Ann P.