Re: BlindShell Classic

Carolyn Arnold

It is the American Association of Retired Persons. I believe that membership is $16.00 a year. You get some hotel and other discounts with an AARP card, need to be 50 or above to join.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2020 8:59 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] BlindShell Classic

Is AARP an association of retired persons?

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: April-04-20 5:32 PM

I believe 50 qualifies you for AARP membership. You get a card, and it would have a number on it, which you would give to Consumer Cellular.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Abbie Taylor
Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2020 3:22 PM

Thank you, Carolyn, for the tip about AARP. I'm only 58. So, I don't think I'd qualify. Give me a couple of years. Meanwhile, I'm still looking forward to purchasing this phone.

One other question came up just this morning. I make a lot of conference calls. During one such meeting this morning, I found out that a friend of a friend can't make such a call on her cell phone without pay 1 cent per minute. Has anyone noticed this issue with AT&T?

I doubt this would be a game-changer. Normally, I can't make these calls with Vforizon because I only have 700 minutes per month. Since I don't have a land line and don't see the need for one, I have a yearly plan with Skype that allows me to make these calls. So, even if I can't make these calls with AT&T, I'd still be paying almost half of what I'm paying Verizon now with unlimited talking to boot.
--

Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@gmail.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.