Re: Question about jokes

Ron Canazzi

Hi Shelly,

I am not sure if you can get the jokes by text message.  Visit the website and see what they say.  I know there is a way to send and receive text message via phone to computer and via computer to phone.  It's a bit convoluted.

You have to find the domain name of the carrier that you use and then you can probably put that into the e-mail edit field on the joke-a-day website. I have done this in  the past.  for example, my spectrum phone domain is the same as Verizon.  I don't quite know why this is, but it works that way. There are Internet sources to find the carrier domain.  They actually don't list Spectrum mobile, but I read somewhere that Spectrum is using Verizon facilities, so I tried the
Verizon domain which is vtext.com.  So my e-mail address for my iPhone message would be as follows: <ten digit number including area code>@vtext.com.  I have done this both ways to send my phone text messages and to send e-mail to my PC.

Good luck.

On 4/7/2020 4:31 AM, Shelly Kane wrote:
Ron:

Thank you so much for letting me know.  Yes, I do remember you used to send me numerous jokes.  With a joke a day, is there any way I can have them texted to me on my phone?  I really don't do much email.  If not, that's OK.  Just thought I would ask.  I will also tell you about an application that I found on the phone. It's called jako jokes.  You can install it for free and they will send you a joke a day.  You will have to allow notifications and pick the time you want the joke to come.  You can also go on there and find jokes on your own.  If you can't find this, I would be happy to text you some of what I get.  I would need your number though. Take care and stay well.

Shelly

On 4/6/2020 2:11 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Shelly,

Most of the old joke lists I used to subscribe to are gone now. Here's one that is still going.  It's called 'Joke of the day.' You can visit the following address:
https://www.ajokeaday.com/
and fill in the form with your e-mail address.  You will get a confirmation e-mail which you must respond to to receive jokes.

There used to be alot of them back in the day.  I used to send you some of them--remember: Humournet with the big Humor Collages came once a week.  Bawdynet which had the blue stuff. Joke of the day is clean.
There was one called Laugh Page.  The moderator was named Osama Alima. Right after 9/11, his list disappeared and I always wondered why; could it have been because of his first name?
Good luck.

On 4/6/2020 4:30 AM, Shelly Kane wrote:
Hi Group:

I posted this to the Blind Apples group but no one knew of anything so I thought I would ask this question here.  Sorry for the repeat message for any of you who are on the other list. Does any of you know if there is an application that you can get for your phone where you can get jokes every day?  If not, is there something you can join where they could be texted to your phone? If not, that's fine.  I was just inquiring.  It would be nice to have something sent every day just to have some laughter in these tough times.  I used to subscribe many years ago to email lists but I don't do it anymore because I'm on the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Someone suggested Google assistant but I'm not sure how to use that with an Apple device.

Shelly

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"