Re: House party for Shelley

Shelly Kane

Thank you so much for getting this information.  I will send them an email later today letting them know that there app isn't accessible for visually impaired people.  If anyone wants to do it as well, please go for it.  I think the more people we can get to do this, maybe we will get somewhere with it and they will actually do something to make it easier to use.  Thanks again.

Shelly

On 4/8/2020 1:25 PM, joseph hudson wrote:
OK, here is the information copied from the description. I hope that you'll get some good responses. With everything that I'm going through right now, I do not want to take this responsibility. But I hope to see that it becomes more accessible.

Houseparty is the face-to-face social network where you can connect with the people you care about most. The app makes connecting face to face effortless, alerting you when your friends are “in the house” and ready to chat so you can jump right into the conversation. The same goes for you opening the app! Your friends will know you’re in the app and ready to chat, so they can join you (…because rejected calls are so last year). Houseparty is truly the next best thing to hanging out in person. See your friends more often on Houseparty. Questions? Comments? Just want a friendly hello? hello@houseparty.comTwitter/Instagram: @houseparty
joseph hudson
Owner of a group called chat to join send a request using the following link.

On Apr 8, 2020, at 4:13 AM, Shelly Kane <shellykane323@gmail.com> wrote:

Joseph:

That would be great. For whoever is interested in using house party, I think we all should contact them and let them know that their app needs to be more accessible. Maybe with more than one person saying something, this may get them to do something about it.

Shelly

On 4/7/2020 9:37 PM, joseph hudson wrote:
The developers of house party is who you would talk with. If somebody wants it, I will post the information at some point.
On Apr 7, 2020, at 3:42 AM, Shelly Kane <shellykane323@gmail.com> wrote:

Kerryn:

I don't remember having that problem or if I did, I must have bypassed it. I will be honest and tell you that this application is not for blind people. I can call one person using it but when I try to invite people to the room, it's impossible. I talked with someone who is sighted and she said it's very difficult. She said when you open house part, there is a plus sign in the top right hand corner but Siri didn't read that to me. If you can find that, click on it and then you will see a few different options and you would click my friends and then after that, you will go through the list and select who you want to invite. I don't know who we could talk with to see if they would make this more accessible. It's a big disappointment in my opinion.

Shelly

On 4/6/2020 6:15 AM, Kerryn Gunness via groups.io wrote:

hi shellly and others
i downloaded it, but when i was setting the app up, after i type email address, user name etc
i saw a 54 page agreement, but no next or continue button?
what to do here?