Saving the URL from an Internet Radio Station as a .pls or .m3u playlist file

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

I am messing around with the Blaze ET, trying to load a few of my favorite streaming radio stations.  I know that I need to take the URL of a stream and make a .pls or .m3u playlist file out of it.  My difficulty is finding the right URL that will make a stream start playing when pasted into the address bar of my browser.  I can make the stream play within my browser, but the URL that shows up on my address bar when the stream is playing never seems to work when I save it as a favorite, or copy it to clipboard and then try to open it by pasting it on to my address bar.  Anyone ever monkeyed around with this and had success?