Re: Saving the URL from an Internet Radio Station as a .pls or .m3u playlist file

Ron Canazzi

Hi Steven,

I have done this in the past with mixed results.  If the player is a JAVA based player, lots of luck.  The only way to get a streaming address when the player is a Java player is to use a program like IP Sniffer and pick from several IP addresses that show up under the program. I know sighted people who have had good results doing this, but the program is largely inaccessible with JAWS and NVDA.

On 4/11/2020 1:19 PM, Steven Johnson wrote:

I am messing around with the Blaze ET, trying to load a few of my favorite streaming radio stations.  I know that I need to take the URL of a stream and make a .pls or .m3u playlist file out of it.  My difficulty is finding the right URL that will make a stream start playing when pasted into the address bar of my browser.  I can make the stream play within my browser, but the URL that shows up on my address bar when the stream is playing never seems to work when I save it as a favorite, or copy it to clipboard and then try to open it by pasting it on to my address bar.  Anyone ever monkeyed around with this and had success?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"