Re: accessible air purifier

Geoff Eden

Unfortunately, the way air purifiers work is that they set up an electric field that ionizes the dust and makes it stick to its elements for later cleaning. This electric field is not easily contained within this electric field's effects are not necessarily contained within the device, as the eye and ice particles pass out on the airstream and stick to anything that's slightly positively charged in the environment. Hence, there will always be a slight bloom of dust that sticks to things around an air purifier.

Geoff

From: Mike Gurney
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2020 4:01 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] accessible air purifier

Hello Robin

This machine does attract some dust but I think that is inevitable because of the way air purifiers work.  As they suck the air and all that it contains towards the unit, it inevitably attracts some just Etc. which doesn't make it right inside the machine.  I find a regular wipe around and over the unit will keep it to an acceptable level.  I have used my machines both on top of cupboards and also stood on the floor.

The one in my bedroom is never turned off and provided I wipe it over it isn't a problem.  I also VACUUM the grills which helps keep the dust issue to a MINIMUM.

  I believe Heaven Fresh are based in America.

Best wishes

Mike.

1/04/2020 23:51, Robin Frost wrote:

Hi Mike,

One more question for you. Every single air purifier I've ever had has sadly had the terrible problem of attracting a grey or black residue near wherever it's set up even if I placed it the prescribed 1 to 2 feet away from walls and the like. Is this a table top or floor standing model and have you had any difficulties with this unit drawing dirt to itself and depositing it on surfaces nearby? Thanks again for enlightening us all.

Take good care.

Robin

On 4/11/2020 4:25 PM, Mike Gurney wrote:
Hello Everyone

I found my Heaven Fresh air purifier on the Web.  I believe Amazon used to sell them.

My machines consume 20 watts on low setting and I believe  it is 40 watts on high.  My machines include a 3 speed fan setting, a timer which is not accessible and a low level ozone generator.

I hope I have answered all the questions.

Best wishes

Mike.

#/04/2020 20:27, Curtis Delzer wrote:

Mike, where did you get your Heaven sent air purifier?

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 4/11/2020 12:15 AM, Mike Gurney wrote:
Hello

I have a couple of heaven fresh 300 models which are both reasonably accessible.  They have buttons and the unit bleeps when the buttons are pressed.They also have an ultraviolet lamp inside which they claim will kill bugs and virus.    Filters last approximately 2 years if the units are in use 24 hour per day and 7 days a week.

Best wishes

Mike

On 11/04/2020 07:18, heather albright wrote:

Hello, does anyone know of any accessible air

Purifiers? They the apartments said I cant get any knew air filters till all of this is over. So I needed away to clean my air around me. I just want to know has anyone found one that is accessible either with buttons or threw the app! It would have to be a stand alone, not one that is connected to my air AC  unit; it is not allowed! Thanks stay safe everyone Heather