Re: Saving the URL from an Internet Radio Station as a .pls or .m3u playlist file

-

I went to the url given and chose an example stream. The listen live is the url of interest.
Download that file, using a text editor the actual active url is given, in the example:

http://cms.stream.publicradio.org/cms.mp3

When fed to a media player the stream started. There are more examples of a stream in addition to pls and mu3; as the above illustrates.

I have used this method several times to find the active stream url for web stations.

On Sat, 11 Apr 2020, Gene wrote:

Here is the page:
https://billsparks.net/

If you want to search for a station, use your sscreen-reader???s find command to look for the word search. Be at the top of the page when you use the find command. it???s a link. Follow it and you will be on a search page.
There is an edit field, use the letter e to move to it and search for a station.
When the results page comes up, use your screen-reader???s find function again and from the top of the page, look for the word results.
Then start looking down.

If the result you want has a play in media player link, that???s the one you want to follow. You may find two links, something like play in browser and play in media player. If you follow the media player link, the stream will play in your default player. You can book mark it in the player itself or you can probably copy the link itself to the clipboard. If you want to know how, I???ll explain it in another message.