Re: Gold Wave problem- Help?

Damien Garwood <damien@...>

Hi Dave,
I have experienced things like this in the past. No idea what causes them, sometimes I can't help but wonder if the settings files become corrupt or whatever.
The best workaround I've found so far for this situation, unfortunately, is to uninstall and reinstall. Of course it goes without saying, you may have to reset any preferences or custom presets and possibly reinstall any VST plugins that you had in that directory.
I'm sorry I can't come up with a more satisfactory solution at the moment. The best thing I can suggest is, next time you install and set it up the way you like, back up your settings file. Then when it breaks again you can try restoring from that. If that doesn't work then, again, uninstall and reinstall, but at least you'll still have your settings that you can easily restore from.
Cheers,
Damien.

On 13/04/2020 12:41 pm, Dave wrote:
Hello,
I use the latest edition of Gold Wave in Win 10 Pro.
This just started a day or two ago.
I can no longer move  to the End of the Recording by pressing CTRL-End
And I can no longer play the recording backwards by pressing the J key.
I use these commands to move around quickly when editing recordings.
I am guessing I activated or de-activated something within Gold Wave,
because both Jaws and NVDA read fine, but Gold Wave does not respond
when using the Short cut Keys mentioned above.
I looked for a Master Set Back to original Settings Button, but failed
to find even something like this.
So, any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks to any who attempt to
help out with this one.
Grumpy Dave