Sent: Monday, April 13, 2020 9:28 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Outlook Express installation question

I like to keep all my e-mail files backed up; how would I find the storeage folder so I can manually back it up? Thanks, Heather

From: Carlos
I'm guessing you used the installer for the last free version.  Sorry there's one minor point I always forget about that installer.  Basically, during
the installation, the Protected Storage component has to be updated.  The Protected Storage component is responsible for remembering account passwords.
Unfortunately, in the installer for the last free version the checkbox which insures the Protected Storage component gets updated is unchecked by default for
some reason.  Just reinstall it and make sure the Protected Storage checkbox is checked.  Don't forget to run the installer as administrator and reboot
after the installation is complete.  After you reboot and run Outlook Express, it will ask for your account passwords one final time, but after that it
should remember them for subsequent sessions.
Carlos