Re: NVDA, read current line and read all

Walter Ramage

Hi Ron.  I went to "check for updates" and it said there were none available so I assume I do have the latest version.  When I raised this issue I found the email I was reading would only read current line when I pressed insert/up arrow and the same when I did insert/down arrow.  However when I created a notepad document and wrote a few lines (with blank lines) I found it did read the full thing when I pressed insert/down arrow.  I then found a different email and it read correctly too so I can only conclude the problem I had with the first email was the sender must have done something to cause the issue.  Walter.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: 16 April 2020 03:03
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA, read current line and read all

Hi Walter,

When I press the normal insert + keyboard down arrow, I do get a continuous read feature (JAWS read to end.)  As someone else mentioned, in long documents with multiple blank lines, NVDA sometimes quits reading. I do get the proper behavior other than that caveat.

I am wondering if you have the latest NVDA.

On 4/15/2020 4:07 PM, Walter Ramage via groups.io wrote:

Hi folks.  I've decided to dip my toe in the NVDA world but only a little bit at the moment but before I submerge my big toe I'd like some help with something.

In Jaws to read the current line I press insert plus up arrow.  To read all, insert and down arrow.

Now I tried the same in NVDA but although insert up arrow read current line, insert down arrow also read current line, it didn't read all.

I got more if I scrolled down but NVDA repeated every blank line with the announcement "blank."

How can I correct this so insert up arrow reads current line, insert down arrow reads all and every blank line is silent.  Help appreciated, thank you.  Walter.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"