From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: 16 April 2020 00:36
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA, read current line and read all

Hi Walter,

There are a couple of options for keystrokes depending on how you have NVDA setup.  So first:

- You can have INSERT (either the numpad 0 or the extended insert) or CAPS LOCK (or all three) set as your NVDA modifier key.  Note if you use the numpad insert, you need to have numlock OFF for it to work.

- You can use "Desktop keyboard layout" or "Laptop keyboard layout".  Desktop layout assumes you have a number pad which can be used for NVDA commands.  Laptop keyboard layout reassigns those commands to other keys and so ends up remapping quite a lot of keystrokes.

So, to read the current line is NVDA+up arrow in desktop layout, or NVDA+L in laptop layout.

To read from the current point onwards in NVDA+down arrow in desktop layout or NVDA+A in laptop layout.

As previously noted, the arrows in this case are the dedicated arrow keys (often found in set out in an upside down T shape) not the number pad.

Also another thing you will likely be interested in, is the guide to switching from Jaws to NVDA, which you can find here: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-community/wiki/SwitchingFromJawsToNVDA

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 8:46 AM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

If you use read to end, blank lines won’t be announced.

Gene