Re: NVDA, read current line and read all

Walter Ramage

Hi. Thanks. I'll keep those commands. I've been using a computer and Jaws since 2003 and have never used the numpad in any serious way but there might come the day when I will have to. Walter.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: 16 April 2020 12:59
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA, read current line and read all

I inadvertently overwrote the subject line. Here is my message in the
correct thread.

My webmail program, which I use off and on, sent my message when it
wasn't supposed to. Here is what I was attempting to say.

Its worth noting, however, that there are screen review commands for
read current line, word, and character, as well as previous and next.

I can't comment on them in the laptop layout, I don't use it. I often
find it more convenient to use these commands than move around in a
document or elsewhere and there are times you can't move around, to
read a line or look at words or characters individually using Windows
commands such as in a list or tree view.

By default, you are in object navigation, where you must be for these
commands to synchronize with whare you are working.
Read current line, numpad 8, not numpad NVDA key 8.
Read current word, numpad five.
Read current character, numpad 2.
in, such as numpad 9 for next line, etc.
Previous is the key to the left of the current key, such as numpad 7
for read previous line.

Gene

On 4/16/20, Walter Ramage via groups.io <wpr=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Hi. Yes, I am using the desktop layout. When I launch NVDA then I have the
option in the dialogue to use the caps lock as the NVDA key but I haven't
done that yet. Walter.