From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Walter Ramage via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 6:27 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA, read current line and read all

Hi.  Thank you, that is very helpful.  One feature Jaws has is to echo character or words or character & words or none.  It is a toggle and that command is insert +#2, that's #2 on the number row.  When set to none there is no keyboard echo as you type.  When set to character then you of course get the Character echo as you type.  When set to word you get no character echo until you press space after your word then the word you have just typed is repeated.

  When set to character & word you get the keyboard echo for the character and when you press space you also get the word you have just typed.  I have mine set to character only.  I don't know if NVDA has an equivalent but for me it doesn't really matter as I'm happy with character echo only.  Walter.