Re: Welcome (back) iPhone SE?

Shelly Kane

Thank you Carolyn!  I just ordered mine yesterday from Verizon. It's supposed to be here in a week.  As soon as I can get it going, I will be sure and let you know how it is.  I can't wait because I only have 16 GB's of memory and now I made sure I had enough and I got 128 GB's.  I'm planning on keeping this another 3 to 4 years as long as it works well.  I have noticed that my battery drops quickly and my battery health is at 91%.  So that's not to bad.  I use my phone a lot.

Shelly

On 4/17/2020 11:27 AM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
I'm so excited for you, Shelly. I couldn't hold off, because I use my phone that my SE's battery was needing charging twice a day. What a difference with my 11, especially since I removed a lot of the apps refreshing in the background. I use my phone all day for one thing or another, so need good battery, one reason I never kept a flip phone long.

Tell us about it, when you get it.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shelly Kane
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2020 4:58 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Welcome (back) iPhone SE?

I'm very excited for this lunch. I have had mine for over 3 years and it has worked great. In fact, I'm ordering mine tomorrow from Verizon. I'm getting mine right away because I need more memory. I was thinking of getting an eight until I heard on the news that this one is finally being launched. These will go quickly.

Shelly

On 4/16/2020 4:43 PM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. wrote:
Welcome (back) iPhone SE — but did Apple just cannibalize itself?

Don't judge an iPhone by its cover... Remember iPhone SE? It's that
little rectangle which you could actually operate one-handedly without
spraining a finger.
Apple
released it in 2016, then stopped selling it in 2018. Now, it's
shockingly resurrecting iPhone SE for 2020, starting at the
(relatively) lower price of $399.

list of 2 items
• Looks: Pretty much the same as the iPhone 8 — a 4.7-inch screen with
a frame around it and a home button with Touch ID. The real change
lies on the inside...
• Specs: Better camera equipped with 4K video and portrait mode. Also
boasts a more powerful processor with the new A13 Bionic chip (sounds
legit). Apple

says
it put "the brains" of iPhone 11 Pro in the body of SE.
list end

What interested us most was the timing of this launch... Given the
COVID-19 crisis, this might not seem like the best time to ship a new
product. Apple thinks it's a great time:

list of 2 items
• With the economy in shambles, it makes sense to introduce a
lower-cost phone. The new SE is $200 cheaper than the next "cheapest"
iPhone (and many Android models). A low-cost, high-performance phone
could thrive right now.
• With most Apple stores closed, people can't try before they buy.
Buying iPhones online becomes more attractive with a lower price and
newer product — Apple's trying to drive excitement for online orders
with this launch (people get hyped on pre-orders).
list end
THE TAKEAWAY

Is Apple cannibalizing itself?... Cannibalization occurs when a new
product is so irresistible it steals sales from your other (often
higher-priced) products.
Tesla's Model 3 stole sales from its Model S. But Apple probably did a
lot of research on this risk and decided that:

• More Upgrades: iPhone users might be more likely to upgrade from
their old phones after the launch of SE, with that volume covering
lost sales from pricier models.
• More Market Share: With this lower-priced option, Apple might
convert some Androiders — Google 's Android still controls 70%
of the world's cell phones.
• But if fancy new iPhone users change to the lower-priced SE instead,
that's a problem for Apple.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado