paper-based braille for work and home

Josh Kennedy

Hi,

For those who use braille… What do you use or have used in the past to write braille on paper? I have a slate and stylus and perkins brailler but how many of you use braille embossers or braille printers at work with Duxbury? Or are embossers mostly used by sighted transcribers for embossing textbooks and things? I got an embosser on loan for a bit to try out at home and when the corona-virus stuff is over I will send it back because I discovered by using it that a production embosser that prints books and magazines and stuff is not for me and that my slate and perkins manual brailler are more useful. However I will be upgrading to an electric light-touch perkins brailler soon so I can write braille faster and more comfortably because I am used to the light-touch of braille display and computer keys. I had a braille blazer embosser 20 or so yeara ago in school but did not use it much. I used it more as a speech synthesizer rather than an embosser. I used my braille lite with its 18-cell braille display a lot more, along with the perkins brailler.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10