Re: Outlook 2010 and gmail, and outlook with pgp?

george b <gbmagoo@...>

Call the Microsoft disability help line and they will fix it for you it is not a easy fix.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Mehler
Sent: April 19, 2020 10:05
To: techtalk <techtalk@groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Outlook 2010 and gmail, and outlook with pgp?

Hello,

I'm trying to get outlook 2010 working with my gmail account. I've got imap enabled on the account, and I know it's working because my phone connects and sends and receives email properly. I configure outlook and gmail per the gmail doc incoming host imap.gmail.com port 993 and ssl, and outgoing host smtp.gmail.com port 587, tls, email address and password where indicated, and that the outgoing server requires authentication and use same settings as incoming server. When I hit test connection I keep getting prompted for my email and password even though I enter the correct information and save password.

Any suggestions welcome.

Also, does outlook 2010 support pgp signing/encryption of email? I've got a pgp keypair and would like to use it to send encrypted email and to sign same?

Thanks.
Dave.