Re: repairing a Victor reader?

Marilyn and Don Bilderback

Troy, I had this very same problem. Squeezing the halves together did not help. Lol Since the unit still worked the same as ever, I just kept going with it. Months and months later, something happened and it was totally dead. I reordered a new one and am happily reading etc. again. Good luck. Marilyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 1:10 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] repairing a Victor reader?

Try giving it a good old fashion squeeze.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: April 15, 2020 5:46 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] repairing a Victor reader?

Hi all,

Yesterday I dropped my second generation Victor stream, and evidently it fell on the front where the buttons are because the very top of it popped up just a bit. It still works although the bookmark button and the button I press to go between the online and offline folders are more imbedded and don't stick up as much because of the way the top popped up, does anybody know if that top may be able to just be pressed down and it'll pop back into place? This is an older machine so the warranty has long since lapsed on it, and since it still works I don't want to put out the money for a new one. If the portion of the top that's now raised a bit can be snapped back down that would be helpful though, I don't want to try it myself without knowing if that might work for fear that I might make things worse.

Thanks.

Troy

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.