Re: Using Braille displays on the job?

Michael Mote

I do broadcasting work part-time, and could not do that type of work
without my braille display. I used a Focus classic up until about a
year ago, when I made the switch to the Q Braille. I am trying more
and more to use braille as part of my full-time job. It does really
come in handy, in certain situations, especially when typing on my
iDev ice when I travel for business. Sometimes, I find it faster to
just simply type in information when I am in the office using a
computer, but I do rely a lot on my braille display. I want to
continue to improve using it with my computer, and without speech. I
have a lot of respect for people who do that.

On 4/18/20, Victor <victorelawrence@...> wrote:
I use the focus 40 blue braille display where I work at a radio station. It
enables me to read information while on the air. It works very well for my
purposes.

HTH,

Victor
On Apr 18, 2020, at 6:37 PM, Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>
wrote:

I do. I am one of the 2 quality assurance people for a medical
transcription company. I proofread medical reports, and I would have a
rough time without a braille display because I have to physically read
every
word that is transcribed to assure that no misspellings of regular
English
or medical terms occur. I use a BrailleNote Apex. It does a pretty nice
job as a braille terminal.