check disk still will not run on startup

joanne

I have been having this annoying problem for weeks and wonder now if I might be better off trying to find some kind of check disk tool if one is available. I schedule it and have used the command prompt at times since I thought that might be even better than going to C drive and properties and scheduling it. Oh I've done that too, by the way, and after numerous normal startups I know it's definitely not checking the disk. I also have it set to repair sectors because I do suspect the hard drive has some sector problems. So it should take a lot longer for the computer to start. But it goes right into a normal boot, and also sfc /scannow won't complete because resource protection won't let it. Please help if you know of any advanced tools or things I can try. Using Jaws 2019 and 2020 and windows 7.

Thank you.