Question for a Rockbox guru: Clip Zip says file not found when updating firmware

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

One of the wife’s girlfriends would like Rockbox on her Clip Zip, so I volunteered.  It appears that she has formatted it, and the firmware will not update when I copy clpza.bin to the root and unplug the clip.  My wife read the screen for me and it says “file not found, plug into USB.  When I hold down the rewind button and power the unit on, it doesn’t attempt to boot into the original firmware, it continues to say “file not found, plug into USB.”  When I plug the unit into my PC, the screen says “USB mode.”  Can a Clip Zip be factory reset?  Resetting by holding the power button for 15 seconds causes no change.  Any thoughts?