Re: Accessible CD or DVD Player

Curtis Delzer

please reply on list because in my 200-home community I am looked upon as someone who can help the seniors here who just cannot easily do what we do on our computers, and though blind, that sure don't stop me, it energizes me into action to help.So, please share your suggestions; also how these devices could interact with on-line services such as Zoom and Teamtalk, etc.
THANKSd

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@calweb.com

On 4/22/2020 3:29 PM, Doug Rose wrote:
HI all, seniors on my support call asked for an accessible CD player.  I know most people these days play media from thumb drives or stream it.  CD’s and DVD’s are usually played on home sound systems, computers, or car stereos.  These seniors would like a standalone player.
There once was a talking DVD player, does anyone know if it is still sold? Do you have  any suggestions for a self-contained accessible CD player or a DVD player?  Preferably a simple device with distinct buttons, will play audio CD’s, CD or DVD media with mp3 audio format.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Be well.
Doug McKinleyville Low vision Support Group (The bumpers) (707) 839-0588
Email Doug Rose <mailto:dougdrose@suddenlink.net>
The bumpers Web page <http://pages.suddenlink.net/dougdrose/>
Or:
Well Connected program telephone low vision support group (The Eyes Have It)
Well Connected Web Page <https://covia.org/services/>