Re: Question for a Rockbox guru: Clip Zip says file not found when updating firmware

Laz

A reset takes 30 slowly counted seconds; if you do less than that it
doesn't reset the hardware like a reset is supposed to do.

Laz (not an expert but am experienced with Rockbox and Clip Zips)

On 4/25/20, Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...> wrote:
One of the wife's girlfriends would like Rockbox on her Clip Zip, so I
volunteered. It appears that she has formatted it, and the firmware will
not update when I copy clpza.bin to the root and unplug the clip. My wife
read the screen for me and it says "file not found, plug into USB. When I
hold down the rewind button and power the unit on, it doesn't attempt to
boot into the original firmware, it continues to say "file not found, plug
into USB." When I plug the unit into my PC, the screen says "USB mode."
Can a Clip Zip be factory reset? Resetting by holding the power button for
15 seconds causes no change. Any thoughts?

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121