I remember Xeric.  Believe it or not, I have retired.  It will be five years at the end of this month.

It's good to run into you.  Your name sounded familiar.

To make this tech related, they hide those icons just to be annoying.  I didn't do a thing to hide the icons just like your experience with the HP desktop.

On 4/27/2020 11:42 AM, chris judge wrote:
No problem. Every now and then I'll run across a computer with the desktop icons hidden. Not sure how it happens as one has to go in and manually do it, but I set up a brand new Hp computer for a guy a while ago and the icons were hidden right out of the box. Not sure why anyone would ever choose that setting but as the setting exists there must be some value in it for someone.

I met you a long, long time ago at the seeing eye. It was back in 1985. My dog was xeric, the big German sheppard with the attitude.

How have you been?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of lynn white
Sent: April 27, 2020 1:33 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Can't See My Desktop

Hey Chris,

That definitely did the trick. The icons were hidden. Thanks.

On 4/27/2020 5:24 AM, chris judge wrote:
Hey Lynn: I'm assuming you are using windows 10?

I wonder if your desktop icons have become hidden some how. Try this. Go to the desktop and unselect everything by holding the control key and pressing spacebar. Next, press the applications key. You should hear, view sub menu. Right arrow to expand the sub menu and arrow down. Make sure the show desktop icons is checked.

Hope this helps.