Re: outlook express

Mike B.

Hi Heather,

Doing a quick search for:  How to export contacts from Windows 10 Mail?  Brought up the following:

Featured snippet from the web
Open Microsoft® Windows Mail then click File > Export > Windows Contacts. In the Address Book Export Tool dialog box, click CSV (Comma Separated Values).
In the Save exported file as: field, enter a file name for the exported Address Book file then click Browse.
Export Contact / Address Book Info to .CSV Files - Microsoft ...

Here's a link and another article:

How to Export Contacts From Windows Mail
Don't leave your contacts behind when you change email services
 by Heinz Tschabitscher
Writer A former freelance contributor who has reviewed hundreds of email programs and services since 1997.
our editorial process
 Updated on March 14, 2020
Young woman using laptop in cafe
If you've built one address book in
Windows Mail,
you shouldn't have to build that same address book again, even if you switch email programs or
email services.

You can export Windows contacts to a file format called
CSV
 (comma-separated values), from which most other email programs and email services can import your contacts.

This procedure works for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. In Windows 10, the People app contains the mail list; you cannot export contacts from the Windows 10
Mail app.

  Export Contacts and Email Addresses From Windows Mail

To save your Windows Mail 8 and earlier contacts to a CSV file, select Tools > Windows Contacts from the menu in Windows Mail. Select Export in the toolbar.
Make sure CSV (Comma Separated Values) is highlighted.

Select Export. Pick a folder to receive the exported contacts or open a new folder. Type a folder name such as "Windows Mail contacts" under the File name.
Click Save then Next.

Make sure all address book fields you want to be included are checked. Note that
Windows Mail
 does not export first and last names separately, even though there are First Name and Last Name fields. Choose Name instead. Click Finish. Close out of
the remaining windows.

  Exporting Contacts From the Windows 10 People App

You can't export your contacts located in the
People app of a Windows 10 computer
 to a CSV file. However, you can do this from your online Microsoft account and the online People app. From there you choose Manage | Export Contacts to
export the contacts to a CSV file. Go to the other email service and use the Import command to import your contacts to that service.

Sent: Monday, April 27, 2020 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] outlook express

I am not sure, it is just the contacts in the windows 10 contacts folder.
I tried to find an export options with in the windows contacts folder and
did not see one. I tried to share the contact but, it said this app cant
share right now. I would think a windows contact folder would have a way to
export contacts to a mail program. Otherwise why have a contacts folder?
Thanks Heather