firefox refresh issue

Keith S

Hi, my firefox web page viewing is getting frustrating as when I arrow down a page to find something or  to read line by line, firefox will refresh or simply send my cursor back to the top of the page.

no matter how long I leave the computer alone and allow the page to fully load, firefox does  this.

I was told on this list to go into options from the top menu tab and make the change.

what exactly am  I looking for under the options page?

Not everything in computer land is labeled in an obvious fashion.

Thanks

Keith