So maybe N B P does the Braille Me, but I don't know.

Pen

pengold2@gmail.com

On 5/6/2020 10:28 PM, Monte Single wrote:
Hi Penny,

It's always great when we get the gadgets we want and can get them to work.

Several years ago, but still in this millennium,
I recall a vision teacher I assisted pay about 40 bucks for a 512 megabyte thumb drive at Staples.
I groaned when I heard the price as I could have got the same thing for one third the price at a little local computer store .
... and it wouldnot have had that irriating software on it that popped up and announced it would help with your photos and music.

Is the braille me from a p h or n b p?
-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Penny Golden
Sent: May-06-20 8:56 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Penny's back. with a Braille Me.

I just got a Braille ME. It really looks great.

Someone was complaining that the braille was sharp. I figured that meant that the dots would be such that they would injure the hands. No; they're great. Sure it is like sign braille; sure the thing makes noise. But boy, can I see great uses for it.

Now, if I can only learn the command structure.

I just had to report in. I was owed $300 by a friend of mine; and this friend sent me the machine as payment for this $300 debt. And the machine looks great.

Well, that's tech news number one from here.

The other is:

I bought a used iPhone 6S, and I'm rreally impressed with it, also.

Actually, if you're smart enough and brave enough, you can pair the Braille Me with the phone for reading the screen in braille and also for entering stuff using the braille keyboard on the Braille Me.

This bluetooth stuff is, uh, well, almost miraculous, it seems to me.

Maybe it'll also be miracle if I get it to work correctly.

Friends, I'll be 73 in a few months.

Just think: 30 years ago, we were probably useing the Apple 2 E, and I remember not so long ago purchasing a thumb drive with, oh, something like a quarter of a gigabyte of space, if I'm not remembering incorrectly.

Now, penny, be quiet. No one asked for the War-and-Peace-sized version.

Best,

Penny

pengold2@gmail.com

I just can't tell you how much better the iPhone is from my iPad. I like the iPad, but the iPhone takes me back to iPod days when the terrain was so very manageable.