Re: Penny's back. with a Braille Me.

Penny Golden

Someone sold one to a friend; she sold it to me.

On 5/7/2020 7:14 AM, Gary Greico wrote:

Where did you get the braille me, I was told by nbp that it was back
ordered.

On 06-May-20 10:56 PM, Penny Golden wrote:
    I just got a Braille ME.  It really looks great.

Someone was complaining that the braille was sharp. I figured that
meant that the dots would be such that they would injure the hands.
No; they're great.  Sure it is like sign braille; sure the thing makes
noise.  But boy, can I see great uses for it.

Now, if I can only learn the command structure.

I just had to report in.  I was owed $300 by a friend of mine; and
this friend sent me the machine as payment for this $300 debt. And the
machine looks great.

Well, that's tech news number one from here.

The other is:

I bought a used iPhone 6S, and I'm rreally impressed with it, also.

Actually, if you're smart enough and brave enough, you can pair the
Braille Me with the phone for reading the screen in braille and also
for entering stuff using the braille keyboard on the Braille Me.

This bluetooth stuff is, uh, well, almost miraculous, it seems to me.

Maybe it'll also be miracle if I get it to work correctly.

Friends, I'll be 73 in a few months.

Just think:  30 years ago, we were probably useing the Apple 2 E, and
I remember not so long ago purchasing a thumb drive with, oh,
something like   a quarter of a gigabyte of space, if I'm not
remembering incorrectly.

Now, penny, be quiet.  No one asked for the War-and-Peace-sized version.

Best,

Penny

pengold2@gmail.com

I just can't tell you how much better the iPhone is from my iPad. I
like the iPad, but the iPhone takes me back to iPod days when the
terrain was so very manageable.