Re: Looking for a Good USB External Sound Card

Gene

It isn't clear whether the web site contains the magazine contents as well and for free.  It has a lot of free content.  Do you know?  Did you give the link because of the free content there, such as the many articles and a lot of reviews, all or many of them free, based on my brief look at the site?

Also, it isn't a question of not knowing where people are from.  One of the important points of lists like this is that a lot of people may be reading and learning from various threads.  Many people may be following any thread, except one that is so specialized that almost no one would be interested and perhaps few people would understand it.  But in general, it should be assumed that you are writing to an audience larger than one person.  Therefore, when giving a limited source, such as BARD, a brief explanation should be given such as that it is the United States book service for blind people and those who cannot read because of an inability to hold a book for an extended period of time, I myself don't know if others such as dyslexics can use it but I would think so, who are citizens of the United States, living at home or abroad.

Sent: Saturday, May 09, 2020 8:04 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Looking for a Good USB External Sound Card

Pam, I don't keep track of where everybody is. I give the best info I can to answer a question. And just because someone lives outside the U.S. doesn't mean they aren't eligible for NLS services. I am sure Simon knows whether or not he is eligible. He asked if the mag was audio or text, and I answered. Next?