Re: New Book on Using Zoom Now Available From the Carroll Center

chris judge

Hi. This must be a new one. Here is the link for the one I mentioned.

https://www.freedomscientific.com/webinars/jaws-and-zoom-a-lesson-on-learning/#content

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Fanus
Sent: May 9, 2020 1:32 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Book on Using Zoom Now Available From the Carroll Center

Hello Chris

Do you have a link please. I looked under events and they show it as an upcoming event.

Regards

Fanus

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Friday, May 8, 2020 3:50 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Book on Using Zoom Now Available From the Carroll Center

Vispero has an archived webinar on using zoom, and although it is geared for jaws users, it will teach all you need to know for the basic user who only wants to attend meetings, and it’s free.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: May 7, 2020 6:47 PM

I have no objection to such books but for a lot of users, who only want to attend meetings, don't want to host any, and probably don't even need an account, they don't need to know much.  Probably a five or ten minute small tutorial or perhaps the equivalent of three or four pages in a document would tell them all they need.

I should clarify that it may be that a separate five or ten minute tutorial and a separate text file of about the length I am estimating might be necessary for different ways of using the system, such as on a Windows computer, on a mobile phone, and perhaps there are other ways.  I haven't looked at the books being offered but if they are long or of moderate length and if they don't have a section in the beginning for the casual user, they may discourage people from using Zoom because they may get the impression that for the casual user, much more needs to be known than actually does.

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2020 11:30 AM

Well, this does have to do with the subjectline.  I would really be glad if they had this book in braille.  Pam.

Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2020 10:07 AM

That's true.  I often don't read subject lines but that means I sometimes send suggestions that may not be seen by more people.  I'll send a message with a different subject line.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2020 7:57 AM

A lot of people could be missing some discussion they could use because the subject has nothing to do with what you are discussing.

Marie

Sent: Thursday, May 7, 2020 4:43 AM

I don't know if it is reliable if you use the same program but there are programs in which this proprietary JAWS command is designed to work and those for which such provision hasn't been made.  this is not difficult to do using the program itself.  Different programs may have different ways of doing it.  Since this is a never-ending and perennial problem among a lot of blind e-mail program users, it might be a good idea if specific instructions for specific programs are given by those who use the programs and know they are reliable. 

Gene

Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2020 6:18 AM

It's actually insert shift R. The insert key and the jaws key are the same
thing.
It doesn't always work.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc.
Sent: May 7, 2020 8:11 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Book on Using Zoom Now Available From the
Carroll Center

Vicky wrote in part:

"Since Control plus Shift R, also does not work for replying just to the
sender, is there any way to do that, that you can share?"

Yes, using Jaws!  Open the message you wish to respond to.  Then press
Jaws-Key+Insert+R, the Sender's E-mail address will automatically be
Jaws-Key+Insert+placed
in the "TO" Field and you can start typing right away in the message body.
If you're REPLYING TO A SENDER off of a mailing list, be sure that the
mailing IS NOT SET to REPLY TO LIST only, else REPLYING TO SENDER WILL NOT
work. 

There's one caveat:  Be sure to check and make sure that the E-mail address
in the "TO" field DOES NOT contain additional extraneous characters; if it
does, your message will not go through and you'll get a bounce.  In my
tests, the addition of extraneous characters do occur with Verizon, AOL,
Yahoo and a few others. 

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.