Re: LIBRARY SERVICES FOR THE BLIND

Steve Matzura

Not only that, but their bindings were different  from ours, and their book covers weren't thick and carboardy like ours used to be before they went plastic, and then got forgotten about altogether. It's all about saving space.

On 5/10/2020 6:35 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

I was a member of the RNIB family too.  I went to England in 1981, and I spent a lovely afternoon in the stacks of the braille library!  They had to pry me loose, in fact!  I got books from them for a few years after that.  I remember reading Watership Down in braille from the RNIB.  I never could figure out how the Brits could stand having no capitals in their books.  It was so weird!

Ann P.