Re: Pontes Media Downloader keyboard shortcuts

Gene

Just one more example of poor accessibility implementation in version 3.x.  This interface needs to be moved through with the JAWS Touch Cursor or with NVDA object navigation.  Do you want to know how to do this with one screen-reader or both? 

If you don't know how to move in these ways, and you are a demanding user who uses apps not just applications, you need to know how to move in these ways with one or both screen-readers.

I can tell you how to move in this interface with NVDA but I almost never use JAWS and haven't used the Touch cursor.  It isn't even available in my old version of JAWS I keep around just in case it works better here and there.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2020 10:57 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Pontes Media Downloader keyboard shortcuts

Try virtualizing the screen and copy and pasting the info to another document.

That program has shortcut keys?

Never new that!

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steven Johnson
Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2020 3:55 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Pontes Media Downloader keyboard shortcuts

I have tried to read the Pontes Media Downloader shortcuts list that comes up when I Hit ctrl-K, but JAWS and NVDA only allow me to read the keyboard shortcuts themselves when I scroll down, not the action that will occur with each one.  JAWS says that this information is in a table, but none of the table navigation hotkeys seem to give any further information other than the actual keyboard shortcut.  When I hit insert-B, JAWS will read the keystroke followed by the action, but I would like to quickly navigate to a keystroke and find out what it does without reading the whole list.  Any tips?

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.