Re: Electronic keyboards

David Moore

I had a great keyboard at the same time. I found one a year ago with buttons. It has so many great sounds and many built in songs. It is an Yamahaw.

On Mon, May 11, 2020, 12:13 PM Walter Ramage via groups.io <wpr=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Hi All.  It has been about 38 years since I had an electronic keyboard.  It was a JVC and even back then it cost me £1000 new.  It was an easy keyboard to use because it had physical buttons to select the various functions and had loads of features.  It has been a long time but if my memory serves me correct it was a 4.5 or 5 octive single manual.

Now about 38 years on it has crossed my mind that it might be interesting to purchase a new keyboard.  The problem is I've not kept up with musical keyboards, either single or double manual so I don't know how technology has impacted on them.  I imagine that most if not all functions are accessed via touch screen or maybe a phone app.

Does anybody have any opinion or information on modern-day electronic keyboards?

Now for your information, I don't do cheap so the £150 Yamaha  keyboard one might buy their kids for Christmas is not what I would be looking for but something more professional or semi-professional but it would need to be accessible.  At the moment a keyboard isn't on my buy list but if I can get info about one that isn't in the 10's of thousands of pounds then I might find my interest grow.  Way back those 38 years the keyboards of quality were JVC or Roland and Casio and Yamaha  were a rung or two down the ranking ladder although in the 90's my uncle got a Yamaha that sounded rather good.  I am here thinking of a single manual  as I don't know if I have the space to fit a double manual in here.  Any information or opinions appreciated.  Walter.