Re: Fw: [TechTalk] Talking clock radio

Gene

That's good that manufacturers are making good sounding clock radios now.

Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 12:09 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: [TechTalk] Talking clock radio

But your Alcatel flip phone does not have an accessible built-in radio.  Apparently, this person wants a talking clock radio, not just a talking alarm clock. And the Sangean PR-D17 has excellent sound through its twin 2.5 inch speakers, because it is built more like a boombox that happens to also have an accessible talking alarm clock  rather than being designed like a traditional clock radio.  Just check the reviews for it and its essentially identical non-talking sibling, the PR-D5. For the money, you will not find a better sounding AM/FM radio anywhere.

Gerald

On 5/13/2020 11:38 AM, Gene wrote:
I don't use a clock radio because I have an alarm that is loud enough on my cellular feature phone and smart phones have such alarms as well.

another reason is that traditionally, clock radios have had significantly inferior sound and I considered it to be a bad use of money when I could get a radio with much better sound for the same price or perhaps less, I never priced talking clock radios.  Is what used to be true still true, that clock radios have worse sound?

Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 10:30 AM

I thought about getting a talking clock radio.
Then I aagot a 1st gen google home mini.
I can set alarms verbally, ask unlimited questions, and listen to all kinds of radio stations.
It cost less than 20 u s dollars  on sale  at bestbuy just after Christmas.