Electronic Keyboards, the conclusion

Walter Ramage

Hi all.  Firstly let me say thank you to all who responded to this thread.  It has proved helpful and I have listened to a few YouTube examples.  Keyboards have come a long way in the last 40 years and they are mighty impressive, even the lower priced models.

My conclusion from all of this is not to invest in a new keyboard.  Had I done so it would have been around the $8000 or $9000 mark.

It is clear that modern keyboards are very sophisticated  and to get the full potential from them one would want to use as many of the features and functions as possible.  Keeping in mind that many are menu driven and not all are blind friendly.  As some have said, one can get some accessibility via phone apps but to me this isn't what I would want.

The thought of having to jump through hoops just to sit down and enjoy playing doesn't appeal to me.  The point was for me to sit down, relax and improve my abilities but I could only see frustration and exasperation and so have decided not to go down that road as much as I would have liked to.

The response on this list and others has proved very helpful and helped me avoid spending a lot of money only to feel I've made a mistake somewhere down the line.  Walter.